Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 1 Burgos to Hornillos del Camino: Miracles Do Happen

Miracles Do Happen on El Camino de Santiago


“When you walk across the fields with your mind pure, then from all the stones and all growing things, and all animals, the sparks of their soul come out and cling to you and become a holy fire in you.” - Ancient Hasidic Saying



I started my Camino with no expectations as I was advised to do. I also started with the intention to meet and converse with my Guardian Angel. I met him on the very first day and had an amazing conversation that was the same as if i was talking to a human friend. With reflection on events that happened further along in my Camino, I also have very strong reason to believe I encountered 2 other angels on my first day who were sent to guide me along The Way.

We all have personal Guardian Angels attached to us personally for our entire life. They love us unconditionally and want the very best for us. This is a nondenominational phenomena and they assist people of every belief. They have a purpose to enact God's will one person at a time. Angels understand that if each one of us is peaceful then we'll have an entire world of peaceful people! 

Can I prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that my Guardian Angel talked with me or that I encountered angels? Of course not. But if I can "imagine" that I did experience all this, then where does that come from? I am certain that I have a life spiritual energy - a soul. I also am highly certain that the most likely scenario is that we are not alone in this infinitely vast universe and it was created by the Divine - God.

My Guardian Angel was with me daily. He gave me signs and answers to the spiritual matters where I asked for guidance. The other two appeared from time to time along the Camino when I needed a little help or encouragement. I would like to share the events and also provide you with tips on how you can have a relationship with your Guardian Angels.

I was inspired not to discount anything that happened to me on The Camino and thus leaving this experience out of my story would be essentially renouncing that Angels exist.

How to Encounter Your Guardian Angels And Have a Relationship With Them

I have no unique special gift, talent, training or divine privilege that grants me the talent to hear and talk with my Guardian Angels. All are capable and deserving of Heaven's infinite love and assistance on earth. To call on your Angels, you simply mentally or verbally tell God of your intention to call on them, directly ask them to come to you or visualize them with you.

All angels have names. Your personal relationship with your Guardian Angels will deepen as you learn their names and speak with them regularly.

In a quiet moment of meditation, think or vocalize the request "Angels, please tell me your names." Note which name comes to you as a feeling, thought, word, vision or sign.

Next say to your angels; "Please send me a physical sign in my tangible everyday world that I will notice to help me validate that I experienced your name correctly." You'll then see or hear something perhaps in conversation, on TV, in casual reading and so forth. Let the Angels amaze and amuse you with the creative ways they use to help you validate their names.

And then talk. Ask for assistance. Your Angels have infinite resources. Do not limit them. I always qualify my request with "I need x or something better." The Angelic typically has higher aspirations for us than we humanly can conceive.

And yes, there is a very simple method to make sure you are really speaking to an angel. Divine guidance is always uplifting, positive, inspiring, motivational and above all loving. Angel messages always have a theme on how to improve something in your life. Finally, the Divine generally drives the message home through repetition and different media until you take the advised action. For me, if I hear, see, think or feel a message three times or more, it's a sign. 

False guidance is the opposite of this; negative in tone and feeling and a one-time sales pitch (Think SPAM)  to see if you will take the spiritual equivalent of a Nigerian Email Scam.

How I Encountered My Guardian Angel and The Messages I Received on Day 1

I left Burgos with the intention to encounter my Guardian Angel. I prayed to God and my Guardian Angel although I did not know his name at the time. Once L left the city and entered the countryside I repeated the prayer only this time also asking my Angel to tell me his name. At that moment, I heard a name very clearly in my mind. I also felt a warm and positive energy surrounding me. I asked for the name again although this time I was talking in a friendly casual manner as opposed to the "Dear God, Do Thy Will." holy tone I tend to use in prayer. The response I got was "Yes. It's me. I am with you right now. You have my name right too." I then asked for a visual sign to confirm what I felt and heard. I did not walk more than 100 - 200 m when I looked to my right and saw a rock cairn with two crosses. My Guardian Angel's name was on one of the crosses.

I do not have to tell you that I thought that this was going to be one very cool Camino de Santiago experience. I was blown away. I also got the sense that this was one high spirited Angel with a gnarly sense of humor too. We'd totally get along!

That evening after a simple dinner and a little wine by the fire, my Guardian Angel gave me 10 guiding principles for my life journey. They were:
  • Love yourself.
  • Open your heart wider. Allow that love to spread forth in soothing, all-encompassing light to others.
  • Allow yourself to be free and trust that you will be provided for with abundance.
  • Knock on More Doors. Opportunity Awaits but you have been timid to chase it at times.
  • Live simply and with gratitude.
  • Do really epic stuff in your life. Be wild and have fun. Don't give a rip if anybody thinks you're freakin' crazy.
  • Dogs are your Angelic messengers. They are how God shows He loves you so always have them in your life. They are also your ministry so help them where you are able.
  • It's perfectly OK for you to seek out a really good meal with exceptional wine. It a life experience that is good for your soul.
  • You've lived before. Knowledge is given to you lifetime after lifetime by the life itself. Enjoy.
  • Your Camino de Santiago. Yes, you need to get ink to commemorate this life affirming event.
Some of these are universal. Some of these are specific to me. The important thing is I felt warm, loved and positive hearing these and putting pen to paper.

My Other Angel Encounters on Day 1

So back to my Hornillos del Camino experience. I am tired and cannot find a place that looks even remotely open. My only option appears to be to walk 10 km to the next village. This is 2.5 hours in the dark. I am unsure if I can follow the path. I sit on a bench to drink some water before I take off on what appears to be the only choice. I pray for protection. I get up and start to walk when I hear someone from behind yelling "Peregrino.... Peregrino.... Pare. Regresa" (Pilgrim. Pilgrim. Stop. Come back.) I am not sure who this person is exactly. It was the only person I saw in this village but he motioned for me to come back to the church. We walked into an Alburgue with a warm fire going. I walked right past this place and it looked desolate to me. So I had a place to sleep for the night. This was a very welcome relief. He introduced himself as Salvador from Barcelona. Another woman was there in the Alburgue. She introduced herself as Salvatrice from Rome. Salvador took me to a modest bar / market where I was able to purchase food and wine. We all had a simple meal, broke bread and drank some wine. I stayed up the latest and went to bed after recording the guiding principals given to me by my Guardian Angel and watching the embers from the fire die.

I did take note that both of their names meant Salvation. I also noticed some slight quirks about them and their mannerisms that made me think these might be angels. With perspective and noting some odd happenings led me to believe I very likely encountered angels.

Of course I will tell you more about my encounters with them over my Camino.

No comments:

Post a Comment