Tuesday, December 25, 2012

What will be waiting for me out there?

Every person on earth has their own philosophy & spiritual belief system. In essence, they have their own reality I suppose. I am sitting in my hotel room in Spain about to undertake a Christian pilgrimage that has been done by others for 1000's of years. The Camino de Santiago (The Way) is said to lie directly under the Milky Way therefore on a ley line reflecting the immense energy from the star system above. This causes emotions and experiences to be more heartfelt & intense.  The result is clarity of thought, experience and memory. In simpler terms, miracles happen out on the Camino. I am very open to the spiritual aspects of life and thus am receptive to whatever comes my way over this month of walking, thinking and meditating. However, when I commence walking, I will do so with no expectations whatsoever. Regardless of what happens, I am very much aware that nobody finds their way onto the Camino by chance.
That said, I must confess to some trepidation at the thought of leaving a very nice hotel and walking out of a city into the countryside with nothing more than faith that yellow arrows and scallop shells will navigate me to Santiago. Buen Camino.

1 comment:

  1. This is going to be GREAT! I'm looking forward to reading all about your Winter Pilgrimage in 2012! Our target date is Dec.15, 2015 - still deciding where to start. Really wanted SJPdP, but considering the time of year and our time limit, we're thinking it will be Pamplona.

    ReplyDelete